Sunday, September 14, 2014

In the blink of an eye...

How did it happen?  I went from this...

summer days of bliss with beach trips, sleeping in, late nights, lunches with girlfriends, no responsibilities, time to actually plan a menu and cook...

to this...

school started.  My oldest is enjoying her second year of high school.  My youngest left me after spending Kindergarten through sixth grade at school with me every day.  I cried.  Tears.  At the awards assembly for 6th grade.  On the last day.  All summer.  Every time I thought that my girls are growing up.  Then, this happened...MY HUSBAND IS MY BOSS!  Let me clarify...he is my boss AT WORK.  He is the Interim Principal at my school while our principal takes a leave of absence.  While I mourned the loss of my baby girl moving on up to junior high school, did I ever think I would then go to work with my husband?  Every.  Single.  Day.  Call the marriage counselors now!  

All kidding aside, it has been a wonderful experience.  An experience we will cherish and treasure for the rest of our lives.  He is exceptional as a leader (At SCHOOL PEOPLE!  Let's remember who leads at home) and it is a privilege to watch him work his magic among children and staff.  I am so proud of him!  And, truth is, I am so hoping to get sent to the principal's office!!!

Welcome back to school to you all.  Whether your kids are young, old, moving on up, or still with you, may your year be the best yet!  uh oh...I think the intercom just called!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment